Systems Support Engineer
Description: need a Systems Support Engineer immediately starts from Thu, 07 Feb 2013 22:38:10 GMT, this position will be placed in England.
For more detail information about this job vacancy please read the description below. If interested in this position, please email us your resume, along with salary requirements and a cover letter to starts from Thu, 07 Feb 2013 22:38:10 GMT.
3rd Line Infrastructure Support (Windows, VMWare, Active Directory, Exchange) sought by an established and employee orientated company based in Guildford, Surrey.
- Provision of 3rd line services within the Service Desk resolving escalated
incidents in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with the Helpdesk SLAs
- Providing technical expertise on all IT related matters assisting the Systems
Support Team Leader where necessary
- Provide day to day support for the Windows Server environment such as account, server storage, FTP service, quota and print server administration
- Perform routine network patching and port configuration tasks
- Configure telephony hardware for deployment to users
- Administration of corporate wireless services
- Setup of thin/zero client hardware and VDI pool administration
- Monitoring and troubleshooting of the corporate backup service
- Other tasks as directed by the Head of IS or Systems Support Team Leader
- Proven experience of technical support within an internal and/or external customer IT helpdesk/support function and proven experience in a systems admin support environment involving administration of Windows servers, network admin
Knowledge & Skills
- In Depth Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and of all Microsoft Software Applications and Products
- Microsoft Server administration tasks
- Network administration tasks
- Good Hardware and Software support knowledge
- VMware vSphere and View would be an advantage
- Competent troubleshooting skills
- Good understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Team player with good communication skills
- Ability to work under own initiative and in a busy environment
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business.