Sr. Security Consultant- Toronto at Montgomery Benz (IT Security Recruitment Consultants) in Toronto, CA
Montgomery Benz (IT Security Recruitment Consultants)
Sr. Security Consultant- Toronto
Description: Montgomery Benz (IT Security Recruitment Consultants)need a Sr. Security Consultant- Toronto immediately starts from Sat, 02 Feb 2013 12:46:31 GMT, this position will be placed in Ontario.
For more detail information about this job vacancy please read the description below. If interested in this position, please email us your resume, along with salary requirements and a cover letter to Montgomery Benz (IT Security Recruitment Consultants) starts from Sat, 02 Feb 2013 12:46:31 GMT.
This position reports to the Manager of IT Infrastructure to perform the following primary functions:
- Work with both IT and Business units to ensure that IT Infrastructure complies with industry standards, such as the ISO 27001 framework
- Conduct Threat and Risk Assessment
- Maintain, revise and implement IT Security Policies, Procedures, Standard and Guidelines
- Develop and deliver IT Security Awareness communication/training staff on an on-going basis
- Conduct periodic and ad-hoc, internal and external, security vulnerability assessments. Provide risk assessment and mitigation to identified security gaps
- Provide advice and support to both IT and Business on IT Security-related initiatives, projects, activities, tasks and incidents
- Ensure that we conform to government/industry requirements and best practices for IT security and obtain certification/qualification as needed and advised by IT Infrastructure Manager
- Conduct information IT Security training and information sessions to staff, including lunch-and-learn sessions.
- Document, implement, and revise Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines relating to IT Security in conjunction with both IT staff and Business staff
- Conduct both periodic and ad-hoc internal security vulnerability assessments of IT Infrastructure (network, servers, databases, applications, VoIP).
- Work with internal develops in securing web applications
- Assess trends and patterns in assessment results. Prepare recommendations for proactive measure
- Analyze, summarize and present security assessments/audits/reports to Management. Prepare recommendations, proposals and status of IT Security efforts.
- Work with and provide support to technical staff on mitigation of identified vulnerabilities
- Software patch management across (servers, mobile devices, network devices)
- Evaluate and recommend products, services and technologies as they pertain to the current and future security requirements.
- Work with management, technical staff (networks, servers, databases, applications, VoIP) and user groups to analyze and recommend practices that will enhance information security.
- In conjunction with IT Project Management Team, participate in IT Infrastructure projects to ensure that information security is considered in the earliest stages of projects
- Coordinate with management, technical staff, user groups and external vendors/agencies to ensure that Infrastructure project tasks are completed on time, on budget, with quality and to customer satisfaction
- Report and escalate project issues to IT Infrastructure Manager
- Participate in IT DRP testing
- Work with external vendors, service providers and agencies on IT security-related services, hardware and/or software projects
- Develop, implement and administer IT Security measures in Business Continuity Program/Disaster Recovery Plan
- Provide administration and management of Palo Alto Firewall, VPN appliances, and Cisco Wireless Controller
- Symantec Antivirus solution management
- Thorough understanding of IT Security principles and practices, with at least 2 years experience in the IT Security field. CISSP and CISA certification are mandatory.
- Sound knowledge of network design (CISCO, LAN, WAN)
- Strong analysis, design and project management skills.
- Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good knowledge of databases and applications
- Good knowledge of IT security products, services, hardware/software and tools
For More Information, please call Harry Benz at 905-864-8585.