Specialist – Core Data Operations
Description: BELLneed a Specialist – Core Data Operations immediately starts from Sat, 02 Feb 2013 10:30:30 GMT, this position will be placed in Ontario.
For more detail information about this job vacancy please read the description below. If interested in this position, please email us your resume, along with salary requirements and a cover letter to BELL starts from Sat, 02 Feb 2013 10:30:30 GMT.
Reporting to the Manager, Wireless Core Data Operations, the successful candidate will function in a team consisting of highly skilled technicians and specialists responsible for the implementation, maintenance, and 2nd level operational support of the wireless data core network platforms.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for leading the technical activities of a given functional groups within the Core Data Operations team and act as day-to-day support contact for this respective functional group.
- Act as technical Subject Matter Expert for Core Data Network technologies, providing support to various internal Bell teams.
- Participate, as Core Data SME, in ad-hoc Special Projects with Wireless Technology and Engineering teams for network integrations and launch of new services.
- Project Management of software rollout into Production network with assistance of Support teams. This includes lab testing, verification, MOP creation, deployment schedule managing, and deployment execution.
- Priming root cause analysis and following up on problems with other teams and/or vendor.
- Coordinate activities with other groups including Switch Engineering, Technology Development, and Operations, to support Bell Mobility’s business needs.
- Provide test and verification support for planned maintenance window activities, verifying continued stability and performance of Core Data Network Elements. This is accomplished through targeted call testing, monitoring of KPIs, log/alarm verification, system queries and status checks.
- Complete Core Data change/implementation activity manipulating configuration/provisioning of network elements, changing resource/connectivity allocations and verifying successful network integration of any changes.
- Monitor health/status of CDMA (HA, PDSN), HSPA (GGSN, SGSN, GNS), LTE (MME, PGW, SGW) network elements, reaction to alarms, indications and performing corrective actions as necessary.
- Tracks appropriate information and completes ticket, outage and post mortem records as necessary.
- Completes periodic routine maintenance and daily tasks, tracking results and resolving problems as appropriate.
- Monitors network indicators and initiates further testing and corrective action as necessary.
- Completes administrative reporting/tracking requirements and provides input to periodic activity/status reports.
- Completes physical installation, cabling, commission, testing of equipment as assigned.
- Participates in implementation, verification and acceptance testing of new hardware, software, services or functionality.
- Based on business needs, shift work and some weekend/holiday coverage may be required without direct supervision.
Essential Qualifications :
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Computer Network Engineering, or Electrical Engineering with eligibility for registration as a licensed professional engineer or equivalent industry certification
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience within a telecommunications industry.
- Experience and adequate exposure to a UMTS/HSPA/LTE and/or CDMA/EVDO networks.
- In depth understanding of fundamental IP Network Protocols: TCP, UDP
- Excellent communication (verbal/written), time management and project management skills.
- Good understanding of Bell Mobility Data applications
- Familiarity with various Microsoft Office Applications, and Windows/Unix environments.
- Proven interpersonal and leadership skills with a passion for results
- Previous experience with process improvement initiates and documentation of such processes.
- Is able to quickly adapt and learnt fast to a continuously changing work environment.
- Familiarity with Bell Mobility’s IP, CDMA/EVDO, UMTS/HSPA /LTE networks and equipments.
- Bilingual (French/English) would be a definite asset.
- Knowledge on CISCO products (ciscos/switches) or CCNA certified.
- Project Management experience and good understanding of Six Sigma Methodology
BCE: WKP *LI-DP
Position Type: Management
Position Level: CP2
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Etobicoke
Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Application Deadline: 02/15/2013
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
Created: Canada, Ontario, Toronto