Minneapolis-Saint Paul Minnesota
Description: Entegeeneed a Software Engineer/Programmer immediately starts from Fri, 08 Feb 2013 17:35:00 GMT, this position will be placed in Minnesota.
For more detail information about this job vacancy please read the description below. If interested in this position, please email us your resume, along with salary requirements and a cover letter to Entegee starts from Fri, 08 Feb 2013 17:35:00 GMT.
Our client, a strong presence in the fiber optics industry, is seeking to add an energetic, creative Software Engineer to join its technology team.
- BS in Computer Science, EE, related degree highly desired; or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3 years of Java (J2SE) development experience (Including: J2ME, JNI, Swing, RMI, Network Communications Stack, etc.)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Object Oriented Design Principles and software design patterns
- Possess a strong attention to detail and focus.
- Proactive attitude, desire and ability to work independently and a want to continuously learn new skills and technology is KEY.
- Ability to move between projects simultaneously.
- Would strongly prefer someone with prior experience in C/C++ development. (For understanding and modification of existing code)
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Digital Signal Processing.
- Prefer to see people with knowledge of, or experience in, Fiber Optics, Fiber Optic Telecommunications networks, Wired and/or Wireless networks and network interfaces.
- Experience developing network management and network device monitoring code (TCP/IP, network stack, ethernet, etc.)
- Experience, Knowledge and Interest in mapping/GIS technologies (WMS, Tile based maps, ESRI, MapInfo).
- Experience in IP Networks, configuration, protocol usage VPN, GSM, SMS,
- Knowledge of the latest User Interface Design Principles and Practices