Santa Clara California
Description: Aviat Networksneed a Project Manager immediately starts from Thu, 07 Feb 2013 02:30:11 GMT, this position will be placed in California.
For more detail information about this job vacancy please read the description below. If interested in this position, please email us your resume, along with salary requirements and a cover letter to Aviat Networks starts from Thu, 07 Feb 2013 02:30:11 GMT.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity working for a Global Technology Leader?
At Aviat Networks, we take great pride in hiring a workforce that is committed to supporting and strengthening our values and attributes. If you’re a results-oriented, customer centric and innovative thinker who also takes pride in personal and professional integrity, Aviat Networks is the ideal next step in your career. We are looking for people who love to solve problems, enjoy change and know how to have fun so come and join a dynamic team that strives to bring communications to the world.
Aviat Networks is the world’s largest independent supplier of wireless transmission systems. We are recognized worldwide for cutting-edge; 4G, backhaul, networking solutions and services. Customers in more than 135 countries depend on Aviat Networks to build, expand and upgrade their voice, data, and video solutions.
We currently have an immediate need for a Senior Project Manager position
- Accountable for all project management activities related to all assigned, including serving as the Customers single point of contact for assigned projects. The Project Manager may have total Responsibility for the project or work on a portion of a project assigned to the Aviat Program Manager.
- Utilize PMI principles and processes for the management of all assigned projects (Initiation, Planning Execution, Controlling and Closing)
- Assist with Pre-Sales quote development as required.
- Provide additional detail to the preliminary Scope Statement as assigned. The output of this activity will be the Baseline Statement of Work that is signed by the customer. Any changes to the signed Statement of Work (SOW) will require internal and customer approval and subsequent signoff. Also, understand Master contract agreements as the SOW develops. Change orders are required as they occur.
- Create the project Work Breakdown Structure that will serve as the basis for the Responsibility Matrix for the project.
- Develop the project communication plan. Including executive level escalations and summaries, Customer status and updates, facilitate meetings and distribute meeting minutes to the project team and Project Stakeholders.
- Manage project Risks through Risk identification, quantification and mitigation for each project.
- Ensure that all project signoffs are completed including, final design, SOW, Project Plan, Change Requests, Schedule modification, Lean Waivers and Project Completion.
- Create and manage the project plan for each project or contribute to the master project plan if a Program Manager is leading the project. Maintain project historical files.
- Conducts regular project profitability reviews for projects directly managed and provide assistance on review preparation for projects led by Program Manager.
- Must have proven background managing customer relationships in a competitive environment with excellent communication skills.
- Fundamental understanding of Microwave installation requirements required.
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 4-6 years experience managing Microwave.
- Technical understanding of Microwave products and technologies.
- The ideal candidate will have worked in Microwave Installation, Engineering and Project Management.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to deal with unplanned challenges, work through obstacles, and make sound project decisions.
- Attention to details and ability to meet deadlines is required.
- High level of self-motivation and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to influence and lead cross-functional project teams including customer and contractor team members.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Power Point, Word and MS Project is required.
- BA or BS Degree is required.
- PMP certification required.
- Able to provide proof of ability to work in the US.
- Location: Sacramento or Folsom / Northern California
Aviat Networks offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Apply NOW to learn more!