POST SALES ENGINEER III – BMG
Walnut Creek California
Description: Enterprise Markets Groupneed a POST SALES ENGINEER III – BMG immediately starts from Fri, 08 Feb 2013 04:40:54 GMT, this position will be placed in California.
For more detail information about this job vacancy please read the description below. If interested in this position, please email us your resume, along with salary requirements and a cover letter to Enterprise Markets Group starts from Fri, 08 Feb 2013 04:40:54 GMT.
CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services market by technology industry analyst firms. The company is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions for enterprise customers. CenturyLink provides data, voice and managed services in local, national and select international markets through its high-quality advanced fiber-optic network and multiple data centers for businesses and consumers. CenturyLink is an S&P 500 company and is included among the Fortune 500 list of America’s largest corporations.
Savvis, is a CenturyLink company, and is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions for enterprises. Nearly 2,500 unique clients, including more than 30 of the top 100 companies in the Fortune 500, use Savvis to reduce capital expense, improve service levels and harness the latest advances in cloud computing. By outsourcing to Savvis and CenturyLink, enterprises can focus on their core business while we ensure the quality of their IT infrastructure automation.
- Responsible for addressing Enterprise account post-sales network operations and related technical issues.
- Will interface with various levels of management and multiple internal work groups and organizations in a post sales role to lead and direct customer service improvements, resolve customer service problems and issues, and act as the primary technical resource to the customer.
- Will provide a point of contact after the sale for assigned accounts and are accessible 24×7 as a Technical Escalation Point within Centurylink.
Post Sales Customer Care Relationship and Communication Management:
- Required to be an expert at identifying and utilizing resources.
- Must continually develop relationships within service centers and other organizations. Will be an effective team member providing customers with a superior customer service experience through communication, coordination, and facilitation.
- Manage Service Level Agreements: The goal is to reduce customer network outages, time to repair, and SLA credits.
- Will perform real time 7 X 24 escalations to help facilitate timely and accurate resolution of repair issues.
- Will develop service improvement plans in conjunction with their customer and Centurylink Work Centers.
- Will identify process issues and solutions.
- Responsible for ensuring Centurylink customer notification databases have current and accurate customer information at all times.
Revenue Growth and Retention: Resource for technical information after sales process.
- Will assist monitoring the customer’s network statistics to ensure adequate facilities are provided and network is optimized.
- Participates and project manages, as required, during complex installs. Assist in the introduction of new products and services in conjunction with Pre Sale Engineering.
- Will lend expertise for responses to proposals; specifically addresses any items on RFPs pertaining to how Centurylink performs maintenance, change management and proactive monitoring on products.
- Develops, analyzes and distributes reports based on customer specifications. Some reports could include: Trouble History, Mean Time to Repair, Percent % Availability, Ticket Resolution, Reason for Outages, Network Optimization/Groom projects, credit for Service Level Agreement details, etc. Also included are inventories, network enhancements and current organization and escalation charts.
Professional and Technical Expertise:
- Will maintain professional and technical expertise at all times.
- Required to continually develop knowledge and expertise through self-study and training courses.
- Will be the post-sales/implementation technical resource for customer and account team questions, escalations, and information.
- Manages the overall health and welfare of complex voice and data services that are challenging and unique due to their technical, strategic or complex nature for Centurylink customers to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction and Centurylink profitability. Job Requirements Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field/relevant experience
- 2-5 years of experience in sales engineering, engineering and/or network operations.
- CPE – A solid understanding of M13s, fiber muxes, high end aggregation, core routers, switches and their applications from local access to the enterprise and WAN environments including VOIP
- WAN Protocols – A solid understanding of network protocols.
- Products – A solid understanding of Private Line, ATM, Frame Relay, IP, ISDN, MPLS, VOIP, LEC Services and IXC Voice Services.
- Industry terminology – A solid understanding of the OSI model and principles, and a solid understanding of industry terminology i.e. POPs, COs, muxing, CPE, ILEC, HiCap.
- Voice/Data network design principles – A solid understanding of network design to include the components end to end. A solid understanding of voice switching technologies and equipment, PBX interconnection, 911 networks and equipment. A solid understanding of Central office based telecommunication technologies.
- LEC Provisioning and Maintenance – In depth knowledge in basic processes and the management of LEC activities.
- Data Services- Familiar with IP routing protocols such as RIP, OSPF, NLSP,IGRP,EIGRP, BGP, EGP, IGP and how they are utilized and the impacts the present in the WAN environment. An understanding of IP addressing/subnetting, including private address space.
- Voices Services- A firm understanding of the switched and dedicated networks including toll free, private dial plans and basic strategies within the network. A good working knowledge of inband/OOB signaling protocols, and SS7 network and routing.
- International Service and Maintenance – Have a solid knowledge of processes, maintenance and interaction with foreign PTTs.
- Trouble Isolation Procedures
- Technical background in Voice and Data Solutions for an overview of components to identify and assist in isolating service impacting issue
- Ensure timely and complete resolution to customer satisfaction including necessary follow up Company Statement CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future. Disclaimer The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.