Network Infrastructure Architect
San Francisco California
Description: Salesforceneed a Network Infrastructure Architect immediately starts from Sat, 02 Feb 2013 13:19:42 GMT, this position will be placed in California.
For more detail information about this job vacancy please read the description below. If interested in this position, please email us your resume, along with salary requirements and a cover letter to Salesforce starts from Sat, 02 Feb 2013 13:19:42 GMT.
We’re transforming the way companies are run and careers are made. In just 12 years, salesforce.com has grown into a $2.3 billion business. With more than 100,000 customers, salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing company that is leading the shift to the social enterprise. Social enterprises leverage social, mobile and open cloud technologies to put customers at the heart of their business. Based on salesforce.com’s real-time, multitenant architecture, the company’s platform and application services allow customers to:
Create employee social networks with Salesforce Chatter, Salesforce Rypple and Salesforce Force.com.Develop customer social networks with the Salesforce Sales Cloud, SalesforceData.com, Salesforce Service Cloud, and Salesforce Site.com.
Connect with customers on public social networks with Salesforce Heroku and Salesforce Radian 6.
Empower small business to become social enterprises with Salesforce Desk.com and Salesforce Do.com.Extend a company’s social enterprise with apps from the leading enterprise app marketplace, AppExchange.
Run apps on Database.com, the first social enterprise database.
We’ve been recognized for four consecutive years as one of FORTUNE’s 100 Best Companies to Work For 2012, named the World’s Most Innovative Company and the third Fastest-Growing Tech Company by Forbes.
Network Infrastructure Architect
Salesforce.com IT is looking for a Network Infrastructure Architect who is ready to make their dream of how to deliver IT infrastructure services a reality. This role will transform how IT computing services are leveraged in the world of Social Enterprise and cloud computing. This role will be responsible for driving the strategy, architecture, roadmaps and execution of projects that continue to place Salesforce.com as the model for social and cloud IT infrastructure services.
IT has developed a 3 year strategy and key initiatives to continue to transform network services and scale, improve resiliency and most importantly, enable new services of a Social Company in a rapid growth.
Reporting to the Senior Director of IT Infrastructure Engineering and Operations, the Network Infrastructure Architect is part of a global team responsible for strategy, architecture, design and strategic engineering solution delivery of enterprise computing infrastructure.
- Inspire and lead a community of network professionals in building the best and most innovative network infrastructure and services for a global social enterprise
- In alignment with business values, vision and priorities of the Social Enterprise, establishes and maintains the global IT infrastructure strategy, architecture and roadmaps
- Leads large and transformational infrastructure project implementations ensuring engineers can fully leverage the technology for future solutions and designs as well as building the skills in the organization for day to day management and operations of the infrastructure and technology
- Closely works with strategic and emerging vendors in the realization of our strategy
- Performs ROI and other cost-benefit analysis of new strategies and technologies
- Defines IT infrastructure standard frameworks, blueprints and artifacts for the entire IT Infrastructure lifecycle
- Closely collaborates with Information Security, Application and other Infrastructure architect peers on overall roadmap and priorities for the next 36 months
- Works closely with engineers and other infrastructure groups in the execution of technology proof of concepts, pilots and the technology adoption lifecycle
- Develops a repeatable process to support the infrastructure lifecycle
- With the platform managers, sets the standards and designs to be used as part as solution delivery to internal customers
- Develop and communicate architectural principles used for deployment of all IT infrastructure resources
- Evangelize technology change and adoption for cross organizational alignment with IT infrastructure strategies
Required Skills and Experience:
- B.S. Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience preferred
- At least 10 years experience in a leadership role for a global company; the ideal candidate has been a director of network engineering and an architect with an insatiable appetite to lead people and technology
- At least 15 years of experience designing and implementing global trusted enterprise networks and data center solutions where trust and security are an integral part of the culture
- Expert level knowledge of Data Center design, routing and switching, BGP, OSPF, MPLS, QoS, RSTP, Multicast, Local and Geographic Load Balancing, WAN Acceleration
- Expert level knowledge of existing and emerging network technologies such as Cisco Nexus 7K/5K, Cisco 4500 and 6500 platform, ASR routers, Wireless, 802.1x
- Advanced to expert knowledge of cloud computing models and the integration on-premise with cloud network services
- Ability to influence others to get the job done and to leverage other parts of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, actively listens and effectively conveys written and spoken information with both senior business executives and technical staff and colleagues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to foster collaboration and establish strong partnerships across the organization
- Strong ability to negotiate, manage and resolve conflicts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization
- Must thrive in a dynamic and fluid organization where priorities shift to respond to rapidly changing business needs
- Superior organizational and problem solving skills
- Strong prioritization capabilities and excellent track record of managing multiple projects and demands, pressures and stress in the face of opposition, ambiguity and pressing deadlines
- Responsible for planning and managing large capital and expense budgets
- Ability to travel (domestic and international) up to 10%
- Experience with hosting compute services, cloud computing, SaaS, IaaS, and Virtualization
- Experience with Content Distribution, DNS, Network Security, Remote Access
- Fundamental understanding of ITIL
- Experience with Agile Development Methodologies
- CCIE experience
- Cisco VoIP and PBX systems, Cisco Call Management Servers