Network Infrastructure Analyst
Description: SI Systemsneed a Network Infrastructure Analyst immediately starts from Fri, 13 Sep 2013 23:50:31 GMT, this position will be placed in Ontario.
For more detail information about this job vacancy please read the description below. If interested in this position, please email us your resume, along with salary requirements and a cover letter to SI Systems starts from Fri, 13 Sep 2013 23:50:31 GMT.
Our client is looking for a NETWORK INFRASTRUCTURE ANALYST, this position will start off on a 2-3 month contract and will then be transferred to permanent. The location is in Mississauga and there will be on-call pay for shift work.
Ensure the availability of network infrastructure environment. by identifying network requirements; installing upgrades; and monitoring network performance.
The ideal candidate is a team oriented, fast learner with combined network/server management, monitoring, and troubleshooting skills.
Participation in a rotating 7/24 “on call” schedule with other members of the team is required.
Occasional travel within Canada will be required.
- Support, install, configure, test and maintain all network devices including routers and switches, performance appliances and their associated configurations
- Maintain network performance by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput and latency.
- Ensure network availability by pro-active network monitoring and analysis, performance tuning, troubleshooting network problems and escalating problems to vendor.
- Perform periodic network audits, network device backups and test recovery plans.
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve business systems issues
- Assist in the planning, design, development, and deployment of network infrastructure and as required to handle growth and improve performance.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services
- Provide guidance to junior members of the team
- Project management experience and responsibility in the completion of complex system and network related projects.
- Ability to remain organized and effective in a fast-paced, changing environment and ensure priority consideration.
- Highly developed technical and administrative skills.
- Ability to manage and configure all network equipment: routers, switches and load balancers and provide day to day network state assessments.
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards, including TCP/IP, IPSEC, DNS, WINS, DHCP, SMTP, NAT.
- Working technical knowledge of Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking & routing protocols including Spanning Tree, CDP, VTP, BGP, OSPF.
- Working technical knowledge of QoS & VoIP environments. PBX experience would be an asset.
- Superior troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Provide and update network documentation including network configurations and network topology Visio diagram.
- Experience with Cisco Wireless solutions would be an asset.
- Experience with Sniffer tools would be an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – ability to effectively communicate with people from diverse educational and cultural backgrounds (French would be an asset).
- University Degree or College diploma in Computer Sciences.
- Five years related experience, with proven hands-on-experience in the area of Cisco networks and Window 2008 server administration.
- Industry certifications including CCNP, ITIL, PMP
- Experience with Network Performance appliances.
- Strong customer and team relationship skills.
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly.
- Windows Server 2008
- Active directory and DNS
- Exchange 2007
- Cisco Firewalls and VPN hardware
- Cisco CLI and IOS (Nexus, 6000, 4000, 2600, 3600, 2900 series)
- Riverbed Steelhead Appliances
Specialization and Skills:
Network and Infrastructure
5 – 7 years
5 – 7 years
5 – 7 years
5 – 7 years
5 – 7 years
Describe your experience supporting, installing, configuring, testing and maintaining all network devices including routers and switches, performance appliances
Describe your experience with Active Directory and Exchange.
Describe your experience with Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking & routing protocols including Spanning Tree, CDP, VTP, BGP, OSPF.
Explain your experience supporting; QoS and VoIP environments