Description: RDF Resourcesneed a Network Engineer immediately starts from Thu, 22 Aug 2013 11:54:24 GMT, this position will be placed in England.
For more detail information about this job vacancy please read the description below. If interested in this position, please email us your resume, along with salary requirements and a cover letter to RDF Resources starts from Thu, 22 Aug 2013 11:54:24 GMT.
The client is a top global media company recognized for its innovation and market dominance
RDF is seeking on their behalf a Network Engineer who is responsible for all aspects of the company’s voice and data communications in a matrix relationship with the IT Network Manager and IT Network Group. The Network Engineer will work closely with the Network Manager of IT to prioritize and balance workload, and closely with the IT Network Group on developing and integrating technology standards and procedures and will manage the Local and Wide Area Networks, including all aspects of Network Security.
- Maintain Network uptime and assist with Network related issues
- Monitor Network resources and perform preventative maintenance
- Resolve Network related trouble tickets
- Document all Network Standards and Procedures
- Evaluate business requirements for systems; formulate and recommend solutions to Network Manager
- Help build team environment and assist with internal training
- Ensure regular, consistent, effective communication to IT Management and Staff
- Be technically capable to manage, operate, and administer all systems hands-on in the areas of responsibility.
- Design, Plan, Implement, Manage and Support Multi-layered Switches, Routers, Firewalls, WAN Acceleration and Two-factor Authentication and VoIP.
- Develop and publish standards for local area networking, including but not limited to TCP/IP address allocation, hardware and software standards, VLAN configurations, wireless network and VPN practices and standards, etc.
- Design, develop, publish standards for and administer in a matrix responsibility with the AMNA IT Department remote access devices including but not limited to Swivel PINsafe, Juniper SSL and IPSEC VPN and other future remote access methods.
- Diagnose Network related issue using Packet Sniffing technology
- Identify new technologies that will benefit the company
- Minimum 5 years of relevant networking experience
- Four year degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent experience required
- Cisco CCNA/CCDP, CCNP Certification or equivalent experience required
- Juniper JNCIS-ENT, JNCIS-SEC Certification or equivalent experience required
- Mastery of the following technologies: Cisco routing and multi-layer switching, Cisco VoIP, Cisco Wireless, Juniper ScreenOS, JUNOS, SSL VPN and Network Security Manager.
- Ability to build effective working relationships at all levels within the organization through cooperation, organization and communication
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving abilities
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, assertive, and results-driven
- Comprehensive networking knowledge with experience in recommending, installing, and managing all aspects of TCP/IP networking in a mixed Windows, Macintosh, and Linux environment
- Proven expertise in building relationships and maintaining confidentiality with regard to professional relationships
- Works well as part of a team and interacts well with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize conflicting demands with strong attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment to team and company
- Conducts business with respect for others at all levels of the organization
- While every effort will be made to respect the Engineer’s privacy and personal time, the position will require a cell phone. This position will also require travel to other offices.