Lead for Infrastructure and Telecom
Description: SI Systemsneed a Lead for Infrastructure and Telecom immediately starts from Wed, 04 Sep 2013 11:25:56 GMT, this position will be placed in Alberta.
For more detail information about this job vacancy please read the description below. If interested in this position, please email us your resume, along with salary requirements and a cover letter to SI Systems starts from Wed, 04 Sep 2013 11:25:56 GMT.
Our client is looking for an IT Infrastructure Lead to manage delivery of IT services for Capital Projects for a large Oil & Gas client.
Scope includes delivery of telecom and end-user services. This resource is an integral part of the customer’s IT delivery team for capital projects.
The IT Infrastructure Lead will have the following accountabilities:
- Develop awareness of and ensure all activities associated with infrastructure delivery for the projects are in compliance with relevant safety requirements.
- Understand and capture requirements for the successful delivery of infrastructure services to the capital projects.
- Liaise with and leverage internal IT organization and navigate processes to ensure successful delivery of services to the capital project.
- Develop plans (including budget, resourcing plan, schedule, etc.) to successfully deliver infrastructure needs to projects.
- Lead a team of resources by providing coordination, coaching, mentoring.
- Develop awareness of and ensure compliance with customer’s project delivery framework. This includes producing specific deliverables and conducting activities as well as providing input and reviews to other discipline areas where appropriate to drive successful IT and IM for the projects.
- Develop awareness of/anticipate events and risks in a dynamic plant construction environment impacting delivery schedules and develop and, if appropriate, execute mitigation strategies,
contingency plans and remedial actions.
- Champion arrangements between key stakeholders, service providers and their subcontractors to enable effective and efficient delivery processes for the capital projects through continuous learning and anticipating risks to successful delivery.
- Develop and then, where appropriate, leverage relationships with key stakeholders (Capital Project Teams and Site Operations) to enable successful infrastructure delivery for the projects.
- Keep IM/IT Manager appraised of key activities/plans, progress, issues/challenges and opportunities.
- Produce/provide input into periodic reports where required on IT (application and infrastructure).
the role will be based in Calgary with occasional travel to customer sites (anticipate approx. 2 site visits/month)
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge & skills:
- Broad IT & Telecom knowledge with several areas of specialization including LAN/WAN/Servers/data centers/IT Security/Cellular data network services/VoIP telephone systems/Fiber optic cabling/structured cabling/2-way radios/Wireless networks/SCADA, process automation and control systems/UPS
- Capital projects or operating asset or remote location experience
- Team player with a mindset to drive to completion and to look for ways to continually improve
- Adaptable/Flexible and able to work in a dynamic fast paced environment
- Ability to effectively multitask and manage priorities across multiple projects/activities
- Project Management experience
- Organizational skills
- Stakeholder management skills
- Influencing/Coaching/Mentoring skills
Specialization and Skills:
Build Network Design/Manager
5 – 7 years
5 – 7 years
2 – 4 years
2 – 4 years
2 – 4 years
Please explain your Capital Projects experience and if you have worked in a remote location
(5 – 7 years)
Please explain your experience with LAN/WAN, Servers, data centers, IT Security
Please explain your working experience with Cellular data network services/VoIP telephone systems/Fiber optic cabling/structured cabling/2-way radios/Wireless networks
Please explain your working knowledge of SCADA, process automation and control systems, UPS
(2 – 4 years)