Field Service Technician (Active Directory,Cisco Routers, Switches, Blackberry) at Modis in Van Nuys, US
Field Service Technician (Active Directory,Cisco Routers, Switches, Blackberry)
Van Nuys California
Description: Modisneed a Field Service Technician (Active Directory,Cisco Routers, Switches, Blackberry) immediately starts from Fri, 08 Feb 2013 15:59:10 GMT, this position will be placed in California.
For more detail information about this job vacancy please read the description below. If interested in this position, please email us your resume, along with salary requirements and a cover letter to Modis starts from Fri, 08 Feb 2013 15:59:10 GMT.
Modis is looking for a Field Service Technician for one of our clients located in the San Fernando Valley. This is a contract to hire role and is a great long term opportunity to get in the door with a client who has had an impressive growth rate! Must have excellent communication skills and presentation skills. Must be a self starter and be able to work with all levels of users.
The Field Service Technician is IT’s primary customer support face to face interface with end-users. The position entails providing geographically localized technical support to be performed at regional office and job site locations. This position will work closely with Field Service management staff for a wide-variety of hardware and software platforms, including: desktops, laptops, mobile devices (Blackberries, iPhones, Droids, iPads) servers, printers, peripherals, Windows 7, Active Directory, MS Office 2007 and 2010. Responsibilities include thin client computing with Remote Desktop Services and Citrix Xen Desktop. The Field Service Technician may also be called on to support task/projects outside of their respective local area, for instance business unit and new office configuration and setups. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication, problem solving and customer service skills.
- Respond to end-user help tickets, calls and emails, quickly diagnose problems and coach end-users through a wide variety of software and hardware related resolutions.
- Install network equipment, desktops and phone systems at remote job sites and permanent offices.
- Proactively monitor and perform troubleshooting to diagnose and isolate network problems and minimize downtime.
- Manage availability, performance and scalability of client facing applications connected to the data center.
- Perform after hours server updates and maintenance
- Document and escalate incidents to Infrastructure group when necessary.
- Assist with equipment provisioning, inventory and auditing.
- Coordinate installation or removal of IT related equipment.
- Prepare and publish self-help documentation for common “how to” problems.
- Remotely install or remove end-user software.
- Proven mastery of Windows operating systems, including Windows 7.
- Strong working knowledge of Active Directory – ability to create/modify/disable accounts. Familiarity with drive mappings/ desktop authority application is recommended.
- Ability to install, upgrade and troubleshoot computers, monitors, printers, and scanners.
- Experienced with the configuration of Cisco switches, routers and firewalls.
- Experienced with the configuration of network switches including VLANs and VLAN trunking.
- Ability to troubleshoot network connection issues – both wired and wireless.
- Understand and troubleshoot standard Microsoft software applications.
- Ability to set up Blackberries, Smart Phones and tablet computers (iPads) for corporate access and basic troubleshooting support.
- Possess a strong background in VPN tunneling for user access.
- Ability to troubleshoot and clean virus or spyware infected systems.
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and a genuine desire to help end-users, plus work well with others in a team oriented environment.
- Must be self-motivated and have ability to work independently.
- Desire to learn new technologies.
- 2-5 years of experience supporting end users locally/regionally in conjunction with remote access tools
- MS Office 2007 and 2010
- Microsoft Outlook/Exchange
- Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Terminal Services – Thin Client
- Cisco VOIP
- Cisco Networking
- Wi-Fi / VPN / Mobile Access
- Bomgar Remote Support
- Blackberry Enterprise
- ESET Virus protection
- Thorough understanding of TCPIP and relevance of connectivity.
- Windows Remote Desktop services.
- Citrix and or XenApp.
- Microsoft Certified Professional and A+ certification preferred.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) credentials is a plus.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s degree and/ or work towards a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field is highly desired. Bachelor’s degree is preferred