Configuration Management Analyst
Description: North Americaneed a Configuration Management Analyst immediately starts from Tue, 05 Feb 2013 23:55:05 GMT, this position will be placed in Ontario.
For more detail information about this job vacancy please read the description below. If interested in this position, please email us your resume, along with salary requirements and a cover letter to North America starts from Tue, 05 Feb 2013 23:55:05 GMT.
Research In Motion (RIM), a global leader in wireless innovation, revolutionized the mobile industry with the introduction of the BlackBerry® solution in 1999. Today, BlackBerry products and services are used by millions of customers around the world to the people and connect that matter most throughout their day. Founded in 1984 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, RIM operates offices in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. RIM is listed on the NASDAQ Stock Market (NASDAQ: RIMM) and the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: RIM). For more information, visit www.rim.com or www.blackberry.com.
Configuration Management Analyst
The Configuration Management Analyst will be the interface between BlackBerry and its contract manufacturing sites on communications of BOMs, ECNs and TDNs.
- Maintenance of master item data and Bill of Material (BOM) structures in ERP system
- Communicate daily BOMs updates to contract manufacturing sites and monitor on-time completion
- Process and plan ECRs (Engineering Change Requests), ECNs (Engineering Change Notifications) and TDNs (Temporary Deviation Notifications) via analysis on the material/scheduled sales order build impacts
- Monitor proper ECNs and TDNs implementations across applicable contract manufacturing sites
- Develop, propose and improve change control implementation plans
- Perform monthly BOMs audits and compiling performance metrics
- Provide engineering change related supports to all BlackBerry contract manufacturing sites
- Post-secondary education
- Excellent knowledge of supply chain management practices and material requirements planning, preferably on high volume manufacturing in the electronics industry
- Excellent knowledge of multi-level Bill of Material practices
- Very detail oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills equipped with an open mind (see things in big pictures)
- Communicate effectively with personnel at all functional levels/various cultural exposures
- Able to multi-task and prioritize a variety of complex tasks
- Quick learner with positive attitudes and drives for continuous improvements of “whatever it takes to get the job done efficiently”
- Very adaptive to fast paced changes in all areas of data/information change management
- Strong ability to grasp information and further process impacts to others when making decisions on which approaches are the best to take
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Being proactive and always willing to go extra miles for achieving the goal
- A high level of self-motivation and ability to work independently is essential
- Preferably Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) certification, or in progress
- Preferably experience in using SAP ERP system
- Knowledge of using eMatrix PLM system would be an asset
- Configuration Management II certificate would be an asset